If you have recently noticed a drop in business while some of your competitors seem to be thriving, you would certainly want to find the underlying reasons.
If your competition has gained an edge over you, it is important to check what they are doing online.
The first reasonable step will be to check whether they have recently launched a website.
If you don’t already have a website, it is obvious that your competition has moved ahead by building a stronger online presence.
This is where you should use a business name generator and create your own website.
A well-designed, professional website can make a huge difference in your business prospects.
Besides, in this digital age, it is imperative to have a website. You would be surprised to know that over 46% of businesses in the United States don’t have a website.
If your competition is gaining an edge on you, it is likely that you also belong to this group.
So How Does a Website Help?
The moment your website goes online and starts getting visitors, it adds another dimension to your business.
If you already don’t have a website, you should get a clear idea of what you are missing.
Almost 75% of consumers decide about the credibility of a company based on its website’s design.
If you don’t have a website, you cannot even imagine how the rest 25% view your business.
A website works as a window to how your company works. So it is crucial that it speaks of credibility in every possible way.
When creating your website, it is recommended to use a modern and updated design.
This shows that you are serious about your business. This covers all the elements including the font, layout, images, and aspect ratio among others.
Content & Design
Credibility is also built through a site’s content.
And when it comes to content, it should always coordinate with the design.
Content is important not just in terms of what it says, but also in terms of how it integrates into your site’s design.
Good website design depends on the effective integration of the following 3 aspects of content into the structure of your site:
Content is so important to your site’s success that 38% of visitors will not revisit it if your content is not appealing.
So it is important that your content, which includes text, images, video, and infographics, should reinforce your site’s design.
Thus, the first step is to build your online presence through your website.
The way you will do it will depend on the type of website you need and your budget.
However, some of the basic principles you should be following are as follows:
- Create and register a unique domain name. It should be based on your company name. Using a business name generator should simplify the process.
- Host your site on a trusted hosting service provider. Choose a platform that is reliable and competitively priced.
- Your website should load quickly. Even a 1 second delay in loading reduces page views by 11%.
- Make sure your website follows responsive design principles. In an age where almost everyone uses mobile devices to browse the web, your website should be mobile-friendly.
- It is worth noting that 57% of all web traffic now originates in mobile devices.
- Creating a responsive website may also give you an edge over your competition.
- You would be surprised to know that 44% of Fortune 500 websites are not yet responsive.
- The percentage is expected to be even higher among small and medium-sized businesses.
Professional Business Email
Another way to gain an edge over your competition is to create a professional, custom email address.
According to a survey, 75% of customers said that a professional email address is a sign of trust for a business.
Appearances matter in the world of business and when it comes to building a brand and reputation, an email address with your domain name can make a huge difference.
A survey shows that professional email addresses have an even more profound influence on customers than an active social media channel.
It is a 3-times more important indicator of trust than an active social media presence.
Some of the other factors that can improve trustworthiness through your online brand presence include:
- Using SSL certificates to secure your website
- Third-party reviews from customers
- Quality content, which has already been discussed above
So if you are concerned about your competition gaining an edge over you, it is recommended to build an online presence and focus on these elements.
It may not just be enough to create a website to compete in the market.
You will also have to create better design and content, implement responsive design, and create professional email addresses.